[hsflinux] A problem occured hm...

Vladimir Ivanovski vladdich at abv.bg
Sat Oct 5 18:37:37 EDT 2002

Hello! I got the following problem:
I can't use my Conexant modem on MandrakeLinux.
My Kernel is 2.4.18_6mdk , so I downloaded and installed    hsflinmodem-5.03.03.L3mbsibeta02093000k2.4.18_6mdk-1mdk.i586.rpm
Here is the info from the modem detection program (listmodem) :

=              SYSTEM INFORMATION                                   =
Date         : 10/3/2001
ListMdm Ver  : 1.6
Windows OS   : Microsoft Windows 98
Build Number : 4.10.2222

=              RESULT OF MODEM QUERY                                =
NUMBER OF MODEMS FOUND = 1

MODEM #1:
  PCI CONFIGURATION INFORMATION READ:
     VENDOR ID              : 127A
     DEVICE ID              : 1025
     SUBVENDOR ID           : 127A
     SUBDEVICE ID           : 1025
     REVISION ID            : 01

  DEDUCED INFORMATION:
     VENDOR NAME            : ROCKWEL
     DEVICE NAME            : CHECK CHIPSET FOR CORRECT MODEM
     SUBVENDOR NAME         : UNKNOWN
     MODEM TYPE             : Check chipset for correct drivers
     WINXP INBUILD SUPPORT  : YES

I can't open /dev/modem because Mandrake tells me that "there is no program associated with /dev/modem" or sth.
I opened the modem info using HardDrake but HardDrake had already found my modem to be HCF and when I tried to set a Conexant HSF modem active from the list, Mandrake reported: "I cannot use Winmodems" or sth...
And at the same time it had hsflinmodem-5.03.03.L3mbsibeta02093000k2.4.18_6mdk-1mdk.i586.rpm  installed.
I am ABSOLUTELY new to Linux,so I need your help badly.
Thank you,guys!
I am sending you attached the modem drivers I use on Windows98.