[hsflinux] Redhat 8.0

Eric Molitor emolitor at molitor.org
Thu Oct 10 12:51:05 EDT 2002

This might have been addressed earlier but I didn't see it in the list
archives and couldn't find a search tool for the archives.

Has anybody tried to build against the default kernel shipped with redhat
8.0? It compiles successfully but depmod fails with unresolved
symbols. (hsfosspec.o and hsfserial.o) (__wake_op, tty_unregister_driver,
etc in the case of hsfserial). The problems with hsfosspec.o seem very
similar to the issues that occured with the 8139too network driver when
compiled with gcc 3.2.

I imagine gcc 3.2 is the problem but does anybody know a work around or
possibly something I could do to rectify the situation? Currently I'm
rebuilding against a kernel that I built myself and haven't had the chance
to test it yet. Perhaps that will work.

Cheers,
   Eric