[hsflinux] pppd help

Sonny Diaz sonny at MyAmazing.COM
Wed Oct 16 12:15:19 EDT 2002

i'm runnin slack 8.1 with 2.4.18. I'm using the intel based hsf modem. It actually dials out and i can ping some nameservers on my isp, like the ones in my etc/resolv.conf. However, i can't access websites/ftp nor ping anyother ips. I'm using slack's pppd setup with PAP, which i heard is the method my isp uses. I'm wondering if my problem is wether my etc/resolv.conf is wrong or could it be that my isp doesn't use PAP. I also tried it with CHAP, because i read my isp is also chap compatible, and i also  connected and couldnt access other websites. BTW my isp is uu.net. I also made sure ppp0 was the default route, by typing route -n. I am using lynx to test out if i can see websites. I also wanted to test out my connection under x, but somehow i dont have any applications on my desktop environment which is enlightment. I guess i must have messed up my kernel configuration. I'm probly going to try to find out how to make KDE my desktop environment and try it from there next. Thanks