[hsflinux] hsflinmodem won't answer twice ?

Damian O`Hara damian at cognoscente.uk.com
Sat Oct 19 18:48:11 EDT 2002

Dropped a copy of
hsflinmodem-5.03.03.L3mbsibeta02093000k2.4.18_4GB-1suse on this SuSE 8.0
machine and it works great as a dial-in server - apart from one thing.

After making the call successfully I drop the call. Then when trying a
second call the linmodem emits a single tone and no protocol
negotiation. After about 30 seconds it gives up and resets. I call again
and get in no problem. I try again and get the single tone again.

Seems something's not being reset somewhere but I need some suggestions

The relevant files:

/etc/mgetty+sendfax/mgetty.config
port ttySHSF0
data-only y
speed 57600
debug 9
init chat “” \d\d\d+++\d\d\dATZ OK ATS0=1 OK
toggle-dtr n

/etc/mgetty+sendfax/mgetty/login.config
/AutoPPP/  -  ppp  /usr/sbin/pppd  debug

/etc/ppp/options
ipcp-accept-remote
debug
auth
crtscts
lock
modem
asyncmap 0
netmask 255.255.255.0
nodetach
lcp-echo-interval 30
lcp-echo-failure 4
lcp-max-configure 60
lcp-restart 2
idle 600
noipx
proxyarp
ms-dns x.x.x.x
ms-dns x.x.x.x
ms-wins x.x.x.x
192.168.1.101:192.168.1.201

/etc/ppp/pap-secrets
jim * fred *

/etc/inittab
mo:235:respawn:/usr/sbin/mgetty -x 5 -a -D -n 1 /dev/ttySHSF0

Seems I can get in 1 time in 2 ...

Any suggestions (clean only)

Damian