[hsflinux] (no subject)

emilio.gonzaga emilio.gonzaga at btopenworld.com
Wed Oct 30 00:42:28 EST 2002

Hello everybody,

    As I'm tired of Windows 98 continuous crashing and as I don't want to make Mr Gates any richer, I've decided to install Linux Red Hat 7.3 as a dual boot on my pc, so I'm very new to the whole thing. As no modem was detected, I've downloaded the driver for my hsf modem. I've saved the downloaded file to a diskette, so that I can install it when I'm in Linux. Now I'm stuck as I don't know how to install the drive from my diskette to the pc!! I've tried by "mounting" the floppy disk, then tried my luck by typing "rpm -i hsflinmodem-5.03.03L3mbsibeta 02101000k2.4.18_3-1rh.i686.rpm" without success, to which I'm not surprised cause I' m not telling Linux to look in the diskette, am I?? So, how do I translate in Linux-ese:

look in the diskette, open the above file, install it ?

Many Thanks if anyone out there can help

Emilio