[hsflinux] No carrier Problem Intex -Conexant Modem

Neil B. Ablang neil.ablang at eglobalreach.net
Mon Nov 4 16:52:08 EST 2002

Hi!

Anybody out there? I need some help

Got some questions:

I have downloaded the rpm for Redhat 7.2/kernel 2.4.7-10(the newest on
the site).   I run into problem of "No Dial Tone" at first but after
reading the FAQ  I included the "ATX3" command.  I got a new problem
now.  It is now " No Carrier".  I downloaded the Athlon version of the RPM

I tried using minicom and it gave the same error . As last resort, I am
seeking  help in this list.

I am using RedHat 7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10  with Athlon 1600+ process using
an ASUS A7V266C motherboard.  I have an Intex Internal PCI modem, with
Conexant prominently labeled in the card.

I have check the electrical/physical interfaces of the PCI Modem card
and it seems to have no problem.

I used the listmodem.sh script and showed the following

PCI Configuration Information Read:

Vendor ID : 14F1
Device ID  : 2F00
Revision ID : 1
SubVendor ID : 14F1
Sub Device ID : 2002

Deduce Information

Vendor Name : Conexant
Device Name : HSFi Data/Fax
Modem Type : HSF

Hope you can help me in making this modem work with my Linux box.

Regards
Neil