[hsflinux] PPPD Died on Error code 15

Chris Hodgetts chris at cure.ods.org
Sun Nov 10 17:07:55 EST 2002

This was posted to my local LUG, to no avail, but I was wondering if it had
anything to do with the drivers I am using for the modem.

Hello, how are you,   thanks firstly to all those who helped in assisting me
with my kppp and pppd issues, once a normal user has dialed, I get a PPP
error code 15 , Remote host does not accecpt echo requests.

If root dials up the internet then it connects Ok and everything is fine
except routing..

My issue if you would mind again obliging me with your collective expert
knowledge.

Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface
172.16.192.0    *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0
vmnet1
172.16.102.0    *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0
vmnet8
192.168.0.0     *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth0
default         ziggy           0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0

once I have conencted to the internet, there is another route added, and
that
is   the dynamic ip in the destination feild, a * in the gateway
255.255.255.255 in the genmask, UH I think in the flags and 0 in metric and
0
in ref and ppp0 in Use Iface.

however if I have no network net access and want to use the modem, I as root
have to , route add default ppp0   before I can get access to the internet
through the modem..   do you know if there is a way around having to do
this,
In kppp there is an option to add the connection to the default routing
tables, but as a normal user I am unable to do that process....

Any ideas  please :)

Tanks..