[hsflinux] [success] Fujitsu-Siemens C1020

Florent Chabaud fchabaud at free.fr
Mon Nov 18 14:44:00 EST 2002

Hi all,

I want to report that the Conexant hsflinmodem-5.03.03.L3mbsibeta02110301-1
driver is working with the Fujitsu-Siemens C1020 laptop.

My configuration uses Mandrake 9.0 but with a recompiled kernel based upon
2.4.19.

Stability is OK and speed is really nice (reaching 11 Kb/s downloading the
linmodems entire database page :-)

After a few tests I recommend :
- add DialAttempts = 2 in /etc/wvdial.conf because modem sometimes doesn't
detect carrier and hang the system for a few seconds waiting for it. If you
remain with default it tries to dial from 5 seconds to 5 seconds never
ending.
- launch hsfstop on every shut off of the modem.

The Fujitsu-Siemens is one of those laptops with a VIA chipset that embed
an AC97 modem invisible to lspci :
00:11.6 Class 0780: 1106:3068 (rev 70)

Many thanks to the Conexant guys :-)

Florent Chabaud || http://fchabaud.free.fr
gpg: 28C9 9E1A 5507 5574 EDE6 2E8F 2B37 D83F 95C8 1C3C