Fw: [hsflinux] No Dialtone

Melvyn Perez melvyn at klasvas.net
Thu Nov 21 00:15:48 EST 2002

Hello, I was thinking that somebody can help me, but....excuse me.
I've resend the mail because i was thinking that the list was down (some days without any message)

If you can, take a look :

I repet:  he driver is installed and all is ok.  I get connected, all ok.  but suddenly I power on my machine and it doesn't work (i get that NO DIALTONE)

I use the exact driver for my kernel.
Theese drivers never has worked wih mandrake.

I've made more than 30 reinstallations of the redhat (reinstalling it, and installing the driver solves the problem for some days)

Well, when connection get loss I was taking some changes using neat (Red hat network configurator)

I agree with you about  those numbers have nothing to do with those other thing, but they work.
If I don't touch those, my modem doesn't work.

>could be anything from an incompatible driver through a dirty contact to an unpaid phone bill.

I'm from windows (it works all right from windows)

My modem is a Conexant SoftK56 PCI Modem
RedHat Linux 7.3
Kernel 2.4.18-3

Excuse my english (my "default" languaje is spanish)

Thanks

Melvyn