[hsflinux] system freezes on connect with new drivers/debian 3.0

James Stone stone1 at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 22 21:21:22 EST 2002

Hi

I have been successfully running drivers for my modem on Mandrake 8.0
(device: 14f1 2013) but have recently installed Debian 3 (woody).. I
downloaded the latest tar.gz for the hsf linmodem drivers and compiled
and installed them, having already compiled and installed a new kernel
image and modules from the 2.4.18 source.

The modem is recognised fine and dials with wvdial.. I can hear the
dialtone and the number dialing but when the sound stops, the computer
freezes and I am forced to do a hard reset.  There is no log recorded as
far as I can see in syslog.  The same thing happens whether I compile
ppp as part of the kernel or as a module.

Any ideas what is going on?

Any help would be gratefully received by both me and my (now) rather
mashed up filesystem.

James Stone