[hsflinux] pcg-gr370 - 8086-2486

Robby L. digitalcreationz at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 4 08:24:24 EST 2002

Ok,  I'm currently "trying" to set up a test bed for Mandrake 9 with the
latest kernel. The company I work for is considering a move to linux for ROI
savings. So I get the job, .. needless to say I'm not a linux guru by far,
though I'm one of our bigger advicates. I downloaded the Mandrake 9 driver
from the site and ran the rpm. all seemed to go ok. until I went into kppp,
and get the cannot initialize the modem. So I go through and start looking
through the archives and noticed that the rpm didn't make the ttyshsfo
folder, is there something I'm doing wrong? I've tried 4 times, also kppp
looks at dev/modem or ttys0, tty1, tts2, tts3, ttyl0, ttyl1 etc etc. When I
can get the file made, .. what would I have to do to configure kppp to look
at that folder?
The model and id's are in the subject line. Obviously it's a Vaio. ( well
over 400 of them if I can get through the management :o). all in time I
s'pose. Any help I can get I would greatly appreciate.

Robby