[hsflinux] problem with compaq pres. 700

Mathias Weigt weigt at uni.de
Sat Dec 7 11:58:49 EST 2002

Hi,
I have a problem with a COMPAQ Presario 700 705EA (Athlon 4 1000).
I downloaded the latest HSF Driver (SRC-RPM 5.03.03.L3mbsibeta02110301).
Distribution is SuSE-8.0 and kernel 2.4.19-4GB with appropriate sources from
SuSE-FTP.
Everything installed fine. The MODEM was recognized properly and the modules
load without any error/warning message. Wenn I try to dial out I get the
following error-messages:
cnxthsf_NVM_Open: Inconsistent file version ("/etc/hsf/nvram.bin"); rebuild
with "hsfconfig --nvram"
hsf_request_port: ComCtrlOpen failed, r=1!

I already rebuild nvram like indicated, but that does not help.
The modem is
=                  RESULT OF MODEM QUERY                    =

MODEM #1:
  PCI CONFIGURATION INFORMATION READ:
     Vendor Id         : 14F1
     Device Id         : 2F00