[hsflinux] *Repost: Various queries regarding hsf drivers

Jayant Roplekar jay_roplekar at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 15 19:54:43 EST 2002

Hello all,

I had sent a short email few min ago with summary of my problems and
questions, I saw that the email formatting got very badly screwed up on the
archive hence this repost. Apologies for the repost. Hopefully it is
readable now.

1. With my custom compiled linux kernel 2.4.20-rc1 and latest hsf drivers I
get connections using kppp which die by atmost t=7 or 8 min,
with pppd dying on exit 16 (modem hangup). The shuttle ak31a motherboard has
a ac97 soundcard but I have not compiled drivers associated with the card. I
have also tried with the onboard card disabled from bios, that did not
correct the problem. Some of more details are in my earlier post. Is there
any suggestion which is found to help at this point to resolve this problem?
Is there any information we should try to collect to narrow down the reasons
for this problem?

2.  Is it necessary to have acpi compiled in the kernel to get sustained
connections? I don't have acpi compiled in my kernel. I really do not see
the connection, may be somebody could explain.

Thanks,

J.