[hsflinux] Help!!! I can't configure my modem under Linux!!!

Davide Mazza davide_mazza at libero.it
Fri Jan 3 16:02:19 EST 2003

I have a modem with these IDs:  14f1:2f00.
So it should be a HSF modem. I have downloaded the Conexant HSF drivers from the site www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv/ and I have installed them under Linux. I have configured them with hsfconfig using the .inf file for HSFi, first ('cause Windows said me it was a HSFi modem in Modem->Properties), and, then, for HSF, but I couldn't get it work. I've tested it with the command "cat /dev/modem" and "cat /dev/ttySHSF0" but I've got "No such device" both of the times.
My modem is on a Compaq 705EA notebook PC and the subIDs are: 8D89 0E11 (rev 1)

What I have to do to use my modem under Linux???

Please help me, 'cause I really don't know what to do anymore!

Thank you

Davide Mazza.