[hsflinux] x86

Melvyn Perez melvyn at klasvas.net
Thu Jan 16 10:35:36 EST 2003

Dude, there isn't a "i586" alone.  You can see i386, i586, i686.
i386:  Generic Drivers for any Intel based machines.
i586:  Drivers for Pentium 2 Class & Pentium Pro, Pentium MMX and the first Celeron... (Almost any machines under 300MHZ.
i686:  All recent Pentium 3, Celeron, Pentium 4, and so.

If you're going to compile your own, then you need the generic i386 driver.

Regards,

Melvyn

P. D.
Tony, tell me if I'm wrong at any point. ;-)