[hsflinux] hsfserial.o unresolved symbols

Wehner stefan_iesao at recol.es
Thu Feb 6 02:23:05 EST 2003

hi everyone,

i've got a problem installing my conexant hsf modem on my amd k7 athlon
running redhat 8.0 with a custom 2.4.18-14 kernel. i had to compile the
kernel with smp support in order to get the other modules to work.
installing the generic source package (hsflinmodem-5.03.27mbsibeta02122600)
i don't encounter any problem at all. running hsfconfig i don't get no
error message either.
but an insmod hsfserial returns me the following error message:

/lib/modules/2.4.18-14custom/misc/hsfserial.o: unresolved symbol
cnxthsf_ComCtrlGetInterface
/lib/modules/2.4.18-14custom/misc/hsfserial.o: unresolved symbol
cnxthsf_OsModemThreadSchedule

i have also tried to install a precompiled binary for my precompiled redhat
kernel... and get the same erros. anyone knows what to do?
i'd be very grateful for any reply (sure it's just some stupid thing i
messed up :) )
thanx,

Stefan