[hsflinux] 10B9:5457 AC-Link modem problem on Mandrake 9.0

jschmid moscao at free.fr
Fri Feb 14 20:25:10 EST 2003

Hi everybody,

I'm newbie on linux system so I've chosen a "simple" distr such as Mandrake 9.0 in order to start. The problem is I can't use my modem... ListModem application identifies it under windows as PCI ID 10b9:5457 which is told to be compatible with HSF drivers in the conexant linux drivers page. This modem is usually found on xe4500 of HP, and mine laptop is xe4400, so there are great chance that is the same one ! The problem is that if I use listmodem.sh under Linux , it is not recognized as a PCI modem but as:

An AC-link communication device (Modem) was detected."
"This utility cannot determine if it is a Conexant manufactured modem."

....?

I download the HSF drivers (under windows I have drivers for HSF system) with the good version of kernel for Mandrake 9.0, install the package rpm and then run hsfconfig. It said everything ok ,and now my modem should be accessible under /dev/ttySHSF0 something like that...Problem, it doesn't exist....

Help me! I've tried a lot of things search over the web and found a lot of people with the same problem than me, but nobody answered to them...!

Thanks !

jschmid.