[hsflinux] Problems with compiled modules

Branimir Sesar bsesar at fizika.org
Mon Feb 24 15:04:44 EST 2003

Hi!

I have a HP Pavillion ze4145 laptop (Athlon XP) running Redhat 8.0 linux
distribution. I've downloaded pre-compiled drivers (hsflinmodem-*) for
Redhat 8.0 (athlon) and installed it. The installer indentified my modem
as a Conexant softmodem 10B9:5457 (vendorID:deviceID) and everything
worked just fine. Then I recompiled drivers using kernel 2.4.20., and
now modules do not want to load, although compilation went without
errors. Now logs say "HSF: no hardware found". Are modules heavily
dependant on some part of kernel (I have pci-list included)? Maybe I
need to recompile them with some option specific for Athlons?

Thanks in advance

Branimir Sesar