[hsflinux] mgetty / hsfi woes: update (still need help)

Keith Brown keith.brown at kistlermorse.com
Fri Apr 4 08:51:51 EST 2003

I recompiled the kernel to include the acpi packages and restarted my
machine with this new kernel.  This appeared to have no effect on the
behavior of my modem.  It still hung while it was connected.  From the
console I could locate the bash that ttySHFS0 had running and kill it.  The
modem will at that point figure out that nothing is happening and hang up,
removing the lock file appropriately.  I have reviewed the mgetty log file
and found nothing unusual during the period I was running the test.  However
I do see an occasional

"##### failed dev=modem, pid=215, got signal 15, exiting"

about 30 minutes after the test which I am still tracking down.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks again in advance,
Keith.