[hsflinux] modem not initializing on mandrake 9

Joe P Lescoulie joelescoulie at scccd.org
Wed Apr 9 13:45:24 EDT 2003

I am running mandrake 9.0 with 2.4.19-16mdk. I was able to compile and install the driver for my conexant hsf modem just fine, but when I try to dial up I get "sorry, your modem does not respond to initialization" or something to that effect. Also /dev/tty/SHSFO does not show up in my list of devices and I cannot find any evidence of my modem anywhere in the system. Everything worked fine under redhat 7.2 but now that I have upgraded to mandrake 9 nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had a problem similar to this, and were you able to solve it? Thanks in advance.