[hsflinux] modem not initializing on mandrake 9

Jethro Mendonça jethrodawnfine at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 11 02:13:02 EDT 2003

Have u ran 'hsfconfig' after installation?
I use exactly the same Mandrake version as u, and both 'tar' and 'rpm' ones
worked fine for me. Only that you must have the right RPM for your kernel
version or hsconfig won't set up your modem... That's why I prefer the
'tar.gz' version... It didn't put a '/dev/tty/SHSFO' on my KPPP list of
devices... I use '/dev/modem'...

The only problem that REALLY upset me a lot is that I get disconnected every
2 or 5 minutes and there are lots of very large lags, which make the
connection very slow... it takes so much time for me to do something on the
internet, due to the lags, that when I finally get where I need to be, I get
disconnected... If I did not have this problem, I'd be get rid of Windows by
now...

Jethro Mendonça

Message: 2