[hsflinux] hsf driver and linux 2.5.66 kernel

Stween thestween at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 14 18:25:10 EDT 2003

The last kernel version I got to work with the hsf drivers, and the
kernel I'm running just now, is 2.5.34 - I too use 2.5.x series for the
ACPI support.

Twice I have tried to compile later kernel versions; the first (2.5.44)
failed for reasons I can't remember, but it was something I certainly
couldn't fix anyway. 2.5.63 just didn't compile with the options I'd
selected, for some bizarre reason (and I just didn't have the time to
look into the code to try and fix it).

I seem to recall hearing that something changed in the kernel circa
2.5.35 that really screws over the hsf drivers, although I'm far from
an authority on this :)

2.5.34 might be worth trying...

Stween