[hsflinux] Processor usage

azajac at vif.com azajac at vif.com
Sun May 4 08:20:37 EDT 2003

Thank you for a wonderful driver!  I am delighted to see your company writing
these drivers...

My experience has been great with the exception of two points:

hsfconfig gave me the impression that my computer crashed as it looked about my
system (I've crashed my computer before, trying to use and AMR modem) Perhaps a
message to the user that whatever the application is doing may take a minute (or
three) would take away some worry...

I am running Debian with a rebuilt 2.4.20 kernel.  I could not pon as non-root.
 Only once I connected for the first time as root, I could reconnect as a user.
 I had to play around with modconf to autoload the modules at boot.

I would like to know if the cpu usage of the driver under Linux is similar to
Windows.  I know that both systems do not use ressources in the same way, but I
am just curious as to know how much more I can squeeze from my old slow computer...

Again, thank you for the driver..

Andy