[hsflinux] M5457 in Amilo A

Branimir Sesar bsesar at fizika.org
Fri May 23 13:54:34 EDT 2003

Kalimac wrote:

> hsfconfig chooses the ali_smartmc INF file, but I also tried with
> intel_smartmc -> the same error (no hardware detected).

Unfortunately, I haven't read your previous letter (I guess it was lost
somewhere), but maybe I had a similar problem. I also have a conexant
modem on an ALI MB (HP Pavillion ze4145), so when I tried to load modem
modules, I got the message "No hardware detected." Using the old
"try-and-fail" method I found out that _before_ loading modules I need
to start aumix program and change the volume setting. I guess that the
modem and the sound card are somehow interconnected, so before
initializing the modem, one must initialize the sound card. Anyhow, that
solved my problem with modem, maybe it'll solve yours.

Brani