[hsflinux] Problem loading hsflinmodem drivers on RH9

Johann COHEN-TANUGI johann.cohen at pi.infn.it
Mon May 26 19:19:41 EDT 2003

Hi there,
	I have a european PCG-GRV516V and it has an HSF modem. I spent a
lot of time trying out several things: I downloaded rpms from linuxant, I
compiled source codes, and I did these on recompiled 2.4.20-8 and
kernel.org 2.4.20 version of teh kernel, because of ACPI need.

Bottom line is that I managed to get it compiled, and to run hsfconfig,
but loading hsfserial brings out an "unresolved symbol" error:

[root at localhost hsflinmodem-5.03.27lnxtbeta03042700]# /sbin/insmod /lib/modules/2.4.20/misc/hsfserial.o
/lib/modules/2.4.20/misc/hsfserial.o: unresolved symbol cnxthsf_ComCtrlGetInterface
/lib/modules/2.4.20/misc/hsfserial.o: unresolved symbol cnxthsf_OsModemThreadSchedule

Usually
this means that .o have been compiled using a different kernel as the one
running... but obviously this is not the case... I sense that when
recompiling I did not configure the kernel in a way it can correctly load
these compiled drivers, but I don't know where to look...

Can somebody help?
thanks

Johann