[hsflinux] Debian HSF help

William Kearney tremasol at gbronline.com
Thu May 29 15:02:10 EDT 2003

Hi. I'm new to the linux world and am running the woody version of linux. I have kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4 running and have an hsf modem.

I've followed the installation directions and execute the make install command, but get an error. I edited the common.mak file after getting the following error message:

common.mak:11 ***Is the kernel-source package installed? KERNELSRC does not point to a proper directory (/usr/src/linux). stop
.
.
.
make[1]:Leaving directory '/root/hsflinmodem-5.03.27lnxtbeta03042700/modules'
make:***[install] Error 2

I edited the common.mak file and put a # in front of the line

KERNELSRC=/lib/modules/$ (shell uname -r)/build

I removed the # in front of the line

KERNELSRC=/usr/src/linux

in this directory is /kernel-source-2.4.18/build,
and there is a soft link pointing to /lib/modules/2.4.18-bf2.4/build

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

- Will K