[hsflinux] M5457 in Amilo A

Jean-Simon Durand jsimon at linuxant.com
Tue Jun 3 14:34:46 EDT 2003

Hi,

I made a mistake in my previous email. The PCI ID "10B9:5457" represents the
ALI controller, to which various AC-Link modems can be connected. However,
it doesn't tell us anything about the modem's chipset. Only Conexant
chipsets are supported.

Normally, you can try to find out the real PCI ID of the modem by running
"modprobe ac97_codec" and then look at the output of the command "dmesg".

In your case, the ac97_codec module gives timeout errors and I don't see the
ID of the modem. There seems to be IRQ problems also. We can see this
error...

---
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 00:03.0
Redundant entry in serial pci_table.  Please send the output of
lspci -vv, this message (10b9,5457,1734,100a)
and the manufacturer and name of serial board or modem board
to serial-pci-info at lists.sourceforge.net.
register_serial(): autoconfig failed
---

I suggest trying the latest 2.4 kernel with the ACPI patches
(http://sf.net/projects/acpi/).

Also, I found this page that seems to talk about your laptop. Look at the
"modem" section.
http://rzr.online.fr/n/laptop.htm

Regards,

Jean-Simon