[hsflinux] NO DIALTONE on RH9.0

Freddie Unpenstein fredderic at excite.com
Mon Jun 9 19:13:15 EDT 2003

I'm having trouble with dialtone detection under Debian Linux (modem driver compiled from source).

Likewise for me, it works as expected under Winblows.

The HCF modem I had before this one blew up on me.  But before that, it worked just fine (in fact, it worked significantly better than it did in Winblows).

I'm going to try forcing the modem to ignore dialtones next, and see if it'll connect, but I'd really rather not have to do that.

Fredderic