[hsflinux] NO DIALTONE on RH9.0

Simon Crosato linuxmail2 at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 16 23:55:26 EDT 2003

Hi Jean-Simon

I have upgraded to the latest RH kernel 2.4.20-18
source, then re-built and installed the
hsflinmodem-5.03.27lnxbeta03042700-1.i386.src.rpm.
The modules load without problem and the devices and
symlinks are created.  I am using an inf file based on
/etc/hsf/inf/linux_hsfi.inf but with all sections
checked and modified as need be to match the Win9x inf
file.  hsfconfig gives no error.  Still NO DIALTONE
from wvdial.  Is this a RH9 thing?  I installed from a
src rpm under RH7.3 without modifying the inf file and
the modem worked well first time.  Any thoughts?

~Simon

Hi,