[hsflinux] NO DIALTONE, Mandrake 9.1 distro ("me too", I know...)

Éric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Sun Jun 29 15:48:51 EDT 2003

Le Vendredi 27 Juin 2003 13:15, Éric Bischoff a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> (...)
>
> I get the NO DIALTONE symptom on the brand new laptop that I bought
> yesterday for a friend of mine.

Some new results :
- As the laptop has an AMD athlong processor, I switched it to SuSE 8.2 and
tried the athlon-specific driver. No better results
- Thanks to Giuliano's previous message, I realized that the French settings
for RELAYS and FLAGS were in a Windows file with ".cty" extension instead of
".inf". Unfortunately they were exactly the same in the Windows file and in
the Linux file.
- I tried to copy over many other settings from the Windows driver but it did
not help either.

In short : I believe I tried everything, but it still does not work.

--
Hum.
(Fred: "Philémon", tome 2)