[hsflinux] Verifying HSF works with minicom

William Kearney TremaSol at gbronline.com
Mon Jun 30 15:42:26 EDT 2003

Hello. I'm using a debian distribution and ran (successfully) hsfconfig. I shutdown the system restarted and ran minicom. I turned local echo on and under the configuration menu noticed that ttyS3 was the serial port in use. However I get no response from minicom to my commands. I changed the serial port of /dev/ttySHSF0.

hsfconfig indicates that this is the proper port for accessing the modem, but I still get no response to my commmands. Any help in this matter will be appreciated.

Also, I recall when installing debian woody that the mail system was broken under Exim.  Does anyone know where I can go to get information on how to configure Exim? Thanks.

-Will K