[hsflinux] Modem ac97

Paul Tritscher paul.tritscher at style-web.at
Tue Jul 8 20:42:37 EDT 2003

Hi List!
I'm really frustrated at this time because my ac97modem is not working! Hope
somebody can help me!
lspci -v tells me:
Modem: Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM AC97 Modem (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [Generic]
Subsystem: Clevo/Kapok Computer: Unknown device 5600
Flags: bus master,. medium devsell, latency 0, irq 11
I/O ports at 2400 [size=256]
I/O ports at 2000 [size=128]

A friend of mine has exactly the same values in his sony vaio and there the
driver works perfectly!

Anyone knows what to do?
I can insmod the driver but there is no /dev/ttySHSF0. allso dmesg tells me
after inserting the modules:

HSF: Error: SILICON Laboratories or LUCEDNT AC97Modem detected
HSF: Error: This driver only supports CONEXANT devices
HSF_ Error: No conexant modem found
hsf_request_port: open failed!

Well.. this message tells everything but I searched for LUCENT driver and
found exactly none working (not found anything usefull)
My question: is there anything wrong with this driver or do you know any
driver working with lucent...

thx a lot
eule