[hsflinux] hsf drivers and new kernels

Stween thestween at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 15 17:43:50 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm currently running the latest hsf drivers under a 2.5.34 kernel
(which I use for decent ACPI support and soundcard support).

With the release of 2.6.0-test1, are there plans to update the drivers
to compile against the new kernel? The new kernels are significantly
different to the 2.4.x series to stop the drivers dead at the
compilation stage.

While it is not necessary to get things working instantly - seeing as
the first real 2.6.0 release will be months away yet - it would be nice
to see the current hsf drivers working with the new kernels, certainly
before distro's start shipping anything with 2.6.x in it.

Anyone know if progress is being made?

Cheers,
Stween.