[hsflinux] M5457 on Presario 2540

Manuel Alguacil manuel.alguacil.ext at juntadeandalucia.es
Fri Jul 25 09:37:52 EDT 2003

Hi

I have download the drivers for the m5457 modem installed in my Compaq Presario 2540EA (Linux 2.14.18-3 i686) and I found the following errors:

With the RPM binaries for this system, it installs correctly but neither KDE nor GNOME can connect to the modem. I have read that hsfengine and hsfserial modules must be installed, but no one can be found with lsmod. If I try to load them manually, I recieve a lot of messages of "unresolved symbol ..." (Perhaps because a problem of LICENSE, it must be GPL?).
By the way, I don't know if another module must be loaded too.

Has anybody installed this driver correctly??? HOW???

      Manuel Alguacil Payán
      Servicio de Informática
      Consejería de Cultura (Sevilla)
      C/ San José, 13