[hsflinux] no dialtone message calling from Italy

Johann Cohen-Tanugi johann.cohen at pi.infn.it
Mon Aug 11 13:32:06 EDT 2003

Hi there, I tested the modem in France and everything wenty fine. Then 2
days ago I had the opportunity to check in Italy, and I got the
following problem: no dialtone message appears, though I can perfectly
hear the dialtone on the computer speakers! I had this type of problems
back in time with a PSION modem. Solution was to force it to dial
without waiting to recognize the dialtone, or to make him know how it
should sounds in Italy...
Can somebody tell me what could be wrong? Of course I checked that
hsfconfig was setting up the country as ITALY...

thanks,
Johann