[hsflinux] Can not install Conexant HSF driver in Red Hat Linux 2.4.20-6 on a HP laptop, Pavilion ZE4125

Michael Haendel mhaendel at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 20 00:02:31 EDT 2003

Hi ,

I am not sure how this works, but I Can not install Conexant HSF driver in
Red Hat Linux 2.4.20-6 on a HP laptop, Pavilion ZE4125.  I have tried
installing the generic version without success.  When I use rpm -e a notice
is displayed some thing like no file exists and if I execute rpm -i a
message is displayed can not install software.  The modem is not recognized
by the internet wizard, and the software detection software does create a
directory /tmp/modem which is not populated by any files with information
contained.  Can anyone give me some clues on how to proceed?  I have tried
to compile a new rpm for my software revision because the exact rpm file in
not available.  Thank you in advance for the assistance.

MH