[hsflinux] Roadmap for 6.0 series

pmwisse at wanadoo.nl pmwisse at wanadoo.nl
Mon Aug 25 16:00:02 EDT 2003

Dear hsfmodem experts,

I own one of those nice Acer Aspire 1310 notebooks with a Conexxant softmodem in it.
Unfortunately, the 5.03.27 series of hsflinmodem drivers cannot be made to work with this
modem. See messages ealier on on the list. I've tried everything. I've replaced the cty code from
the Windows driver, replaced all relevant code from the .inf file, moved back to 5.03.03 and tried
the same on that driver, but alas, nothing works. The drivers compile correctly, but no dialtone is
the only thing which comes out (or no answer with ATX3). With the 5.03.27 driver, all CPU is also
eaten by the driver, so much that it locks up the machine. This doesn't happen with the .03 driver,
but that one doesn't work either.

So, I'm desperate now as far as the 5.03 series of drivers is concerned. The Windows driver of
the modem is based upon the 6.0 driver. Is there a release estimate as to when a Linux version
of this driver might appear? If this is still a long time away, I'll buy myself an usb modem, because
my good old serial modem doesn't work---no serial connector on the laptop :-(
Thanks in advance,

Maarten Wisse

PS. If anyone is interested, I can mail the Windows driver files.