[hsflinux] System crashes only while surfing on the net with HSFmodem drivers

Thomas White taw27 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 2 23:44:42 EDT 2003

"Linuxant modem support" <modem.support at linuxant.com> wrote:

> thank you for these informations.

Another snippet:

I believe that the crashes are caused by unexpected disconnections -
i.e. disconnections caused by the other end of the line.  I have not
experienced any problem for more than a week, simply by manually
disconnecting and reconnecting shortly before my ISP's regular 2hr
cutoff.  I also ran "hsfstop" after any disconnection which I didn't
manage to catch.

HTH,
Tom

--

Thomas White
Downing College

GPG: D8834197
9749 7C8A 037D F867 9F38 F7C0 2314 8F97 D883 4197