[hsflinux] Re: Several Questions Regarding Linuxant and Windows drivers.

Marc Boucher marc at linuxant.com
Tue Sep 9 20:15:09 EDT 2003

Hi Karl,

Please see http://www.linuxant.com/store/explanation

It should answer most of your questions.

Concerning the applications, we hope to support standardized and/or open
APIs whenever possible to enable everyone to use the full functionality
of their Conexant modems under Linux. Our goal is also to constantly improve
the quality, ease of use/installation, and features so as to surpass the level
of functionality and quality of hardware modems.

This is where people will start to really notice the advantages of softmodems
(due to much greater control by the CPU over the chipsets which are in fact
very powerful&flexible interfaces) compared the old hardware modem types.

Cheers
Marc