[hsflinux] Re. My bottom line

azajac at vif.com azajac at vif.com
Wed Sep 10 07:56:01 EDT 2003

I agree with:

  "At the end of the day, your 'product' must
  compete - be better, faster, cheaper than the status quo alternative".

Linuxant is not linux.  The modem drivers are not open-source material.
Linuxant's goal is to make money.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
 In fact, the better the comany does, the better drivers (in theory) we will get.

I am pretty sure that Linuxant has not been a voluteer project up until now.
They are in business and have to take business decisions.  Linuxant does not
worry about how open-source software has made your world a better place, they
worry about putting food on their family's plate and paying the mortgage.

They do that by selling the best drivers they can make.

What we should all be up in arms about is to whom linuxant sells this driver.
It (in my opinion) should be sold to the modem manufacturers (the people who
make the cd that comes in the box) and not to us, the users.  We should bitch
really loud to them - in a great big concerted effort! (How is that for pinko
idealism?)

AZ.