[hsflinux] Two (more) questions...

Thomas White taw27 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 10 23:42:50 EDT 2003

"Jean-Simon Durand" <jsimon at linuxant.com> wrote:

> I just added a license token to your account. You can still change
> your email address if you want before generating your license key, but
> it's not mandatory.

Great.  Many thanks - I'm up and running with the new driver now.

> Please let us know if you encounter any problems.

The HSF driver does not appear to work on my system when the Full
version is run in Free mode.  I haven't tested the Free download myself.
It appears to connect and negotiate properly, but the ppp interface
never gets configured.

Having the licencing proceedure as part of the installation, and
requiring an intermediate step via the web, creates a slight
chicken-and-egg problem.  In order to get things working
I had to run through the installation once to get its
part of the key, then downgrade to the old version (since Free mode
didn't work), enter the information into the website to get the key,
uninstall the old driver and finally run the new driver's installation
properly.

I used the Debian package, on an up-to-date Woody (3.0r1) system.

I also noticed that the package's removal script had some problems
removing the modules.  I had to cancel its removal and run hsfstop
manually.  However, that seems more likely to be a result of me getting
mixed-up between versions.

Tom

--

Thomas White
Downing College

GPG: D8834197
9749 7C8A 037D F867 9F38 F7C0 2314 8F97 D883 4197