[hsflinux] Re: hsfmodem incompatible with official debian kernel 2.4.21 ?

Marc Boucher marc at linuxant.com
Fri Sep 12 22:32:31 EDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 01:01:51AM +0200, Marc Herbert wrote:

> This does not however mean I can reliably connect: I am just now back
> to the same state than with my previous kernel, i.e. approx. 1 out of
> 3 connections failing at carrier detection time. The modem suddenly
> stops the negotiation and starts doing a really weird sound.  I mean,
> weirder than every modem usually does. It keeps doing this funky noise
> until the software times out.

Please as root, run "mkdir /etc/hsfmodem/dcprecord" and
then do a few connection attempts.  Then send me
the contents of that directory (preferably as a compressed tar
archive).

Also it would help if you could tell us the phone number
of the answering modem and make a few attempts with the region
set to USA (change with hsfconfig --region) to see if it improves.

Thanks
Marc