[hsflinux] Two hsflinmodem on the same machine..

Marc Boucher marc at linuxant.com
Mon Sep 15 10:56:08 EDT 2003

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 11:03:39AM +0200, mimmo.lariccia at vivacity.it wrote:
> Hi all!
> I have the problem You read in the subject.
> I have to use two win-modem (hsflinmodem), on the same machine.
> I try to change the settings by hsfconfig, but it enables only one modem
> for time.
> When I want to change the active modem, I have to reload the hsfconfig and
> select the first or the second.
> Is there a way to set both modem as active and "select" the first or the
> second from KPPP?
> And again: is possible to use both modem with kppp?

Yes, you need the newest version of our driver
(hsfmodem-6.03.00lnxt03091200 at the time of this writing).

Old beta versions of our HSF driver didn't support more than one instance,
but the new version (called hsfmodem, not hsflinmodem) does.

After upgrading, the first modem should appear as /dev/ttySHSF0, and the
second one as ttySHSF1.

Use the --unit=0 or --unit=1 option to hsfconfig to select which
modem to configure.

Cheers
Marc