[hsflinux] Conexant Softk56 Data, Fax PCI Modem-HSF127a-4311

John Bryant johnb51 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 20 09:59:50 EDT 2003

I have installed MD 9.1 on older HP Win98(2e) system. The dialer is KPPP for
Mandrake connection. I have tried both latest updates but when testing the
connection, I get the response- modem does not respond. I installed the
older driver and dialer can find the modem. KPPP will dial the number but
for some reason cannot make the connection to isp(earthlink). I dialed the
number through the terminal and was able to connect. Would appreciate any
help on getting connected. Earthlink said sorry-no support. Thanks again
John