[hsflinux] HSF modem dials and negociates, but does not connect

Mateo mateo at cns.bu.edu
Tue Sep 23 07:59:25 EDT 2003

Hi-

Re: hsfmodem-6.03.00lnxt03091800free_k2.4.21_0.13mdk-1mdk.i586.rpm

I have D/L the above free HSF modem driver for a modem that reports
itself as follows in a PowerNotebook IV:28 running Mandrake 9.1:

00:1f.6 Modem: Intel Corp. 82801DB AC'97 Modem (rev 02) (prog-if 00
[Generic])
        Subsystem: COMPAL Electronics Inc: Unknown device 0012
        I/O ports at 2400 [size=256]
        I/O ports at 2000 [size=128]

In using minicom I can give AT commands and can get the modem to dial a
service, at which point the two modems apparently successfully negotiate
a protocol ("Connect" appears), but then nothing else comes up on the
minicom screen when I normally have a Login prompt.

What could be the matter?

Mateo.