[hsflinux] Problem connecting with HSF 56K (VEN ID:125A,1025)

Srinivasan Bhaskaran srini2174 at rediffmail.com
Fri Oct 3 07:28:18 EDT 2003

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
     I am using Redhat Linux 9.0 on a Pentium 4 Pc with conextant SOFTK56 (Vendor ID 125A:1025 - HCF Driver is not working for this modem)internal modem.  I have installed the free version of the latest HSF driver available at www.linuxtant.com.  When I try to connect with minicom/KPPP I am able to connect to my ISP.  But after giving the login and password I get some scrambled message and the dialer exits with the error message "NO CARRIER".  The machine is a DUAL BOOT machine with windows 2000.  I am able to connect properly from windows 2000. Can any one help me solve this problem.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Srinivasan.B

Regards,
Srinivasan.B