[hsflinux] hsfmodem-6.03.00lnxt03091800full failure

Peter B. West pbwest at powerup.com.au
Wed Oct 8 01:51:47 EDT 2003

I have installed the above driver in a Redhat 9 system with a 14f1:2f00
modem.  It rings and attempts to connect, but fails. The
5.03.27lnxtbeta03042700 driver, to which I have reverted, works.  I have
forwarded the output of hsfconfig --diag to modem support, but have as
yet received no reply.

I have no objection to paying for such hardware support (as long as I
don't end up paying more than it would have cost me to get a "real"
modem), but I am not happy that the beta driver, which is supposed to
have the terrible technical difficulties, is working, while my purchased
driver is not.

I noticed in an earlier post in the archives a mention of having to
compile the kernel with pre-emptive scheduling support.  Is this a
requirement for the new driver?