[hsflinux] Giving up on Linuxant hsf

Peter B. West pbwest at powerup.com.au
Fri Oct 17 01:06:35 EDT 2003

Having paid my money to discover that the non-free driver didn't work on
my system, and having no responses to my previous questions, I have
purchased a cheap external serial modem, with which I am sending this
message.

The issue was brought to a head for me by the discovery that, while the
beta driver had worked well with the modems of my previous ISP, it
performed woefully with my new supplier.  The "commercial" driver didn't
work at all, so I had to do something.  I have still paid less for the
combination of Conexant HSF modem and Linuxant driver than for the
serial modem, but it works, it stays connected, and has good throughput.

If Linuxant would put through a credit against my purchase of the
non-working driver, they can disable my registration, and I'll put it
down to experience.