[hsflinux] No dialtone

wawa.voum at wanadoo.fr wawa.voum at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 16 19:58:37 EDT 2003

Hello there,

I have try the new free but limited driver for my conexant modem on my
fujitsu-siemens C1020 notebook. I use Slack 9.1 with a 2.4.22 kernel
patched for acpi support.

Compil and install works fine, the modules load correctly, the device is
present and /dev/modem correctly linked to.

But when I try to dial I receive always a "No Dialtone" error. During the
test I was back a isdn installation but on the same plug a analogic Olitec
modem works fine....

I have try to add atx3 to the init string but no change. I have not try to
disable acpi because I need it.

Any way to solve the problem ?

Many thanks.

Philippe