[hsflinux] 2.6 kernel

Chris Vine chris at cvine.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 22:04:03 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 21 October 2003 8:30 pm, Chris Vine wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 October 2003 2:44 pm, John Madden wrote:
> >
> > On (20/10/03 21:27), Chris Vine didst pronounce:
> > > Actually, you can compile it by commenting out the offending line in
> > > modules/osservices.c (line 425), comprising:
> > >
> > >   current->pgrp = 1;
> >
> > Or change this to current->signal->pgrp = 1; which worked for me.
> >
> > I also had to change some other bits and pieces. Check the archive for
> > this list -- I posted my changes last week to have the free version
> > compile under 2.6.0-test7
>
> I saw your message, but yours doesn't compile.  signal is a pointer to a
> struct signal_struct, which doesn't have a member pgrp, and never has (in
> any version of linux).
>
> In fact, neither of your changes to osservices.c compiled.

Actually, on looking at it further we are both right.  Your changes to
osservices.c do compile with 2.6.0-test7, but a number of the changes to
signal_struct made in that test7 were reverted (with other changes) in
2.6.0-test8.  In summary, if using test7, apply your changes, if using test8,
apply my change.

Chris.